Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program
Turkiye has been the dream destination for investors wishing to live a luxurious yet affordable lifestyle. While living in Turkiye you will be surrounded by beautiful nature, diverse culture, and business opportunities. It offers you all of this for the rest of your life through the Turkish Citizenship by Investment Program.
Launched in 2017, foreign investors and their families have the chance to obtain the Turkish passport and its privileges in a three to five months period. The Turkish Citizenship program proves to be more affordable and advantageous than other citizenship programs in Europe.
Read through this guide to learn more about it.
Types of Investments for Turkish Citizenship
- Purchase real estate starting from 400.000 USD
- Purchase government bonds worth 500.000 USD and hold them for three years minimum.
- Start a company and employ at least 50 people.
- Deposit a minimum of 500.000 USD or the equivalent in foreign currency in a Turkish bank account and keep them for at least three years.
- Invest at least 500,000 USD or equivalent in foreign money in a real estate investment fund share or a venture capital investment.
- Make a minimum capital investment of 500.000 USD.
Advantages of the Turkish Citizenship
- Fast process You will usually obtain your passport three or four months after you make your investment. If your application includes your family (spouse and children under 18), they will also receive citizenship.
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival entry for over 110 countries
- Turkiye accepts dual nationality
- Access to the US E2 Investment Visa as a Turkish citizen, you can apply for this visa, which allows you to live, invest or work in the USA.
- Access to the UK’s Turkish Businessperson Visa you can also enjoy the right to obtain this visa as a Turkish citizen to start your business in the UK and have a British permanent residence.
- Access to European Economic Community countries According to the Ankara agreement, if you choose to live, work or conduct business in the EEC countries, you can apply for a visa through a fast and easy process for Turkish citizens.
Who can apply for the program
The list below is the eligibility criteria required for the applicant
- 18 years old and above
- No criminal background
- Never resided illegally in Turkey
- Completed and paid the costs of the process
Documents required for Turkish Citizenship by Investment
- Passport for each applicant
- Proof of residence
- Proof of your investment
- Turkish Tax number
- Evidence of no illegal residency in Turkey
- Proof of tax and fees paid for the application
- Criminal background of each applicant
- Birth certificate for each applicant
- Biometric photographs for each applicant
- Marriage, Divorce, or Death certificate (if applicable)
- Valid Turkish health insurance for each applicant
Important Note: document requirements are different for each applicant, nationality, and investment type.
How to get Turkish Citizenship through real estate purchase
As real estate consultants, Yakut Global aims to guide you through buying your dream home and will also aid you through your citizenship application process. You won’t need to be present throughout the process if you wish to leave Turkiye during the application; we can take care of the necessary documents and application if you grant us a power of attorney. You can also read our Buyer Guide to know more about the procedure.
Here is a simplified step-by-step on how to make your real estate investment
1- Get a Turkish Tax Number
You will need your original passport and photos for this step. You can obtain this number from any tax office in Turkiye.
2- Open a bank account
You will need a Turkish bank account to make the money transfer and have your receipt that proves your purchase.
3- Find and purchase your favorite property
After selecting the property you want (the required amount for citizenship applicants is 400.000USD, it can be one unit or multiple), you transfer it from your Turkish account to the seller. You must also obtain your title deed. The contract needs to state that you will hold the property for a minimum of three years as one of the requirements for citizenship applicants.
4- Get your Certificate of Conformity
You must apply at the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization along with the evaluation document of your property and the transfer receipt.
5- Obtain your residence permit
Before applying for citizenship, you will need to apply for a residence permit in Turkiye through the Directorate General of Migration Management.
6- Final Step: Apply for Turkish Citizenship by Investment
At the Directorate General of Migration Management, you will apply for citizenship. One more advantage to it is that; you only need to renew your Turkish passport every ten years.
Real estate investment has proven to be the most suitable for obtaining Turkish citizenship because not only will you become a Turkish citizen, but you will own a new property overseas and generate a new source of income. In Turkiye, your return on investment will be guaranteed, and after holding your property for three years, you can choose to sell it or keep it without losing your citizenship.
Consult with us for detailed information about the program and properties you wish to buy.